Are you in need of certified translations of your documents or certificates? Fortunately, we are a registered member of the ATC (Association of Translation Companies), therefore we are entitled to provide certifications and they are recognised by UK authorities too. Our approved translation services are available irrespective of the language combination and direction.
What Does”Certified Translation” Mean? I Don’t Know If I Need One.
It is important to note that the characteristics of a certified translation may vary between countries. In short, official bodies, such as the Home Office, DVLA or Courts, may often request a certified translation when you have to present a legal document for a specific purpose. In the UK, when a translation is certified, it means that the final translation is accurate and truly represents the original source document. Such a certification can be issued only by approved translation agencies, such as ourselves.
It is important to bear in mind that there are different types of “certification”.
- Standard Certified Translations – This type of certification is officially signed by the approved translator or translation agency involved. This is accompanied by a headed letter outlining the full details of the translation and declaring that the completed translation is an accurate representation of the source document. In the UK, a standard certification is usually enough for full legal use.
- Notarised Translations – A notarised translation is officially signed by the translator or translation agency. The difference is that this signature must take place in front of a solicitor or a public notary who also provides a signature to authenticate the legal use of the translated document.
- Sworn Translations – A sworn translation requires a testimony to be made by the translator in front of a solicitor or public notary declaring the true representation of the original document. However, it is not a requirement in the UK despite being common law in countries such as France, Spain, Germany and Italy.
- Apostille – This is when the final translation is sent to the Foreign Commonwealth Office for validation.
Certified Translations FAQs
What Types Of Documents Can I Certify With You?
At Easy Words, we acknowledge that everyone will require a translation for different purposes. Regardless of whether the translation is for personal or business use, we are certain that our fully comprehensive Certified Translation Service has the solution for you. We can provide certified translations of your certificates, personal documents, financial or even business documents.
What Is The Process Of Acquiring A Certified Translation?
Acquiring your certified translation with us couldn’t be simpler. Once you have sent your documents to be translated to us, we will immediately respond back with a quote. Upon confirmation of the fee, we will instantly begin the process of getting your document translated. We will then certify your translation and you will receive the final document by the agreed deadline.
I Know Someone Who Speaks The Target Language, Can Anyone Certify My Translation?
Your document will not be legally recognised if the translation was completed and certified by an individual who can simply speak the language. For your translation to be accepted for legal use, it has to be certified by an approved translator or translation agency.
Fortunately, as we are a member of the ATC (Association for Translation Companies), we are entitled to provide certified translations.
What If I Require An Urgent Certified Translation?
Obtaining an urgent certified translation of your documents can be a stressful process. We want to ensure that your needs are successfully met, and this is why we provide reliable Same Day Translations for certificates and personal documents. We aim to deliver your final translation either on the same day or within 24 hours, depending on what was agreed. This service is available for a broad range of documents, including:
- Birth, Death, Marriage, Divorce Certificates
- Transcripts, Diplomas, Academic Certificates
- Passports, IDs, Driving Licenses
- Residence Permits, Work Permits
- Bank Statements
- And many more.
Ready to get started?
Regardless of the reasons for why you necessitate a Certified Translation, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.